Saturday, July 24, 2010

HEZEKIAH Revelation

   Pastor Rice provided copies of reading the bible through in a year chronologically, I just wanted to share a revelation I got this week that I had never seen before.

   It was the reading for July 22 - I read the Amplified Bible.  2 Kings 20:1-11; Isaiah 38:1-8; 2 Chronicles 32:24-31; Isaiah 38:9-22; 2 Kings 20:12-19; Isaiah 39:1-8 (Amplified Bible)
   Hezekiah was given a very short time live, told by Isaiah to put his house in order because he was going to die. He prayed to God to heal him, and God answered his prayer by telling him he would give him an additional 15 years of life. What a miracle! He asked for a sign that would show it was really from God, so God asks him if he wants God to put time ahead 10 steps on the sundial, or 10 steps back on the sundial. Hezekiah says it would be too easy to put it ahead 10 steps, so put it behind 10 steps, which God does - another miracle!
   So, Hezekiah is healed. The king of Babylon sends some people to speak to Hezekiah regarding this healing and through the conversation, he shows them all the treasuries in his storehouses. Isaiah tells him he has done wrong and that he will lose everything as well as some of his children.
   Hezekiah says (paraphrased) oh, yah, but I'll be ok though, huh.
   WHAT?????????
   THANKS FOR GIVING ME 15 YEARS GOD.
   SEE YA IN THE FUNNY PAPERS.
   Let your judgments fulfill in future generations, as long as it's not in mine. How magnanimous can a person get.
   Oh, that none of us would ever thumb our noses to a most perfect God whose mercy and grace are on our lives from beginning to end.
   Let my prayers always be for God's will in my life, not self-will as was Hezekiah's prayer, that I would actually want deliverance from my sin instead of "getting what I want because I'm in a jam."

1 comment:

  1. I have been working on remembering "Thy Will". Sometimes in stress I forget

    ReplyDelete