Sunday, February 6, 2011

The Firstborn of everything to be consecrated to God

Exodus 13-15:27
Oh, that we would let God be our guide as we are having an Exodus here on earth.  He wants to give us victory over the nations and trials that we face, that through these He would get the glory.  As we race to the end of the age, how will people know unless we tell them. 

What if.....Lord Jesus, I lift up Della Wolfe to you, this precious sister who is very sick with leukemia.  I went to see her yesterday.  As I came in, another couple came in behind me, so I stayed for just a few moments, but our eyes met as I was leaving.  She is such a precious soul and I think of how I would feel if I were in her shoes.  I cry because I have no money.  My position is not life threatening.  She cries because she is losing her life.  Her family is going through an earthly separation.  It is hard to deal with that.  She had to move to Phoenix so she could be closer to the hospital and doctors.  She lives now with her young daughter who works at the airport.  Lord Jesus, I lift up that entire family, for Your grace to be upon them, that the many people who have been touched by this precious soul would come to Your saving grace.  I pray for her husband who does not know You as his Personal Savior.  Lord Jesus, without You, there is no hope.

I know You are orchestrating circumstances in our lives, because that is what You do.  You came that we might live.  You came to be the Blood Sacrifice.  Your love, is so great that through repentance of our sin, and admittance of You as the Son of God, and seeking to follow Your ways instead of our ways, allows us to spend eternity in Paradise. 

Lord, I lift up those precious souls in our church and church families that have chosen the wide path of destruction, that they would choose to once again get on the narrow path that leads to life everlasting.  I thank you for orchestrating situations in my life that would bring me to You, even though I didn't believe in You.  You were always there, convicting me.  I didn't even know what that was. Thank You so very much! 

I see people being ripped off, some choose to serve You anyway because You are their only Hope.  Some people choose to go back to their sin and continue to be ripped off.  I thank You for Your Word.  It brings life into my heart and life.  I don't know how tomorrow is going to come out, but I know You do because You inhabit eternity.  I seek to touch Your face and be in Your presence.  I thank You for working in Scott's life.  He has chosen to serve you and to help others.  Through You he is being a port in the storm for those precious souls his life has touched. 

God set that the firstborn's dedication to Him should be done in remembrance of deliverance from Egypt.  God led them toward the Red Sea instead of by land in case they changed their minds and wanted to go back to Egypt. 

Moses took Joseph's bones with him.  Joseph said he didn't want them to remain in Egypt.  Pillar of cloud by day and pillar of fire by night. 

The LORD once again hardens Pharoah's heart and they make ready to bring the Israelites back, because who are they going to have as slaves???????

Too powerful for words.  Moses is told to stretch out his rod to divide the Red Sea.  The people go over on dry land, protected by a cloud from God.  Pharoah is in hot pursuit on chariots - God looks down and sees that and makes the chariots so they have no wheels!  Then after the people are across, Moses once again lifts the rod of God and the water is restored as before and the army is no more!  And the LORD is to be acknowledged and remembered as the mighty Deliverer!  Hallelujah!

  Keep in mind there were about 3 million people!

  Pharoah's army as they tried to pursue the Israelites, the Red Sea closing in on them.  They are too far in to swim back to safety.  Oh, that we would never be in that position. 

So, the people are safe, and they sing a Song of Moses about God's deliverance.

They they go 3 days into the wilderness and find bitter water and they start complaining to Moses who cries out go God.  God says to cut down a tree and that makes the water sweet. "There He made a statute and an ordinance for them, and there He tested them, 26 and said, “If you diligently heed the voice of the LORD your God and do what is right in His sight, give ear to His commandments and keep all His statutes, I will put none of the diseases on you which I have brought on the Egyptians. For I am the LORD who heals you.”

Then they traveled to Elim where there were twelve wells and seventy palm trees, and they stayed there.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment