Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Saul anointed king

1 Samuel 9-12:25 (New King James Version)

I have an earache today and didn't go to work.  In between the pain cycling through, I feel great.  As soon as the Alka Seltzer takes over, I'm going back to bed, but I need to read the Word of God because it is the very food and breath of my life.

Saul Chosen to Be King
He was out looking for lost donkeys and got chosen to be a king.  I think I'll go out looking for some lost donkeys, can ya say amen!
Saul Anointed King
Saul Proclaimed King
So, Samuel is letting the people know that since they have rejected God as their King, Saul will be the king that they have requested.  So, Saul has disappeared, and they find him hiding in the equipment.  Guess he wasn't up to the title yet.  Anyway, many gifts were offered.  However, there were some who didn't think he should be king so they didn't offer gifts.  Saul knew it, but he kept his peace.  Well, isn't that just like human nature! 

Saul Saves Jabesh Gilead
Samuel’s Address at Saul’s Coronation
Even though the people sinned by asking for a king, God reminds them that He will not abandon them, but that they must not turn to sin or they will reap what they sew.

No comments:

Post a Comment