Monday, January 3, 2011

Thoughts - the Flood

I believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for my sin. I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.  I have asked Jesus to forgive me of my sin and I have turned away from sinning to serve Him.  I believe He wiped away all previous sin and I became white as snow.  As I go through each day, there are times when I make the wrong choices and the Holy Spirit convicts me of my sin and convinces me of righteousness, I believe that when I ask for forgiveness of intentional and unintentional sins that Jesus wipes the slate clean.  I believe He is there, always, with His hand out, waiting for me to grab and hold on.  Some days I wake up and clamp my arms firmly around His ankles and won't let go because my situation is desparate.  You know what?  He lets me!  Hallelujah! 

God the Father created us, each and every one, and He covets (hungers) for our fellowship, our laughter, our tears, our prayers, our praises, our fears.  He is our Real Father - Psalm 139 says it all - He knew the very number of hairs on your head (and how many you would finally end up with), He had a plan for your life, BEFORE you were conceived!  When I think of how he inhabits past, present, and future, WOWWWWWWWWWWW. 

Then I get bogged down in my problems, I have a Noah experience.  The sssssssssssssnake is always on the loosssssssssssssssse trying to get our focusssssssssss off the Creator. 

God Created Us, Jesus Died for Us, the Holy Spirit Guides Us!!!!!!!!!  


The flood - after the flood was over, Noah and his boys had the job of populating the earth.  So, there you have it, We are all descendants of Adam and Eve through Noah and the boys,
Shem, Japheth, and Ham. 

  Here they are.   This is all of them - the wives also.

So, while all this was going on, Noah starts a garden and a vineyard.  He gets a little too much of the new wine, and passes out in the buff.   Ham finds him and thinks it's funny and tells his older brothers.  Shem and Japheth got a blanket and backed into the tent to place it on Noah, in reverence to their father's authority, not to look on his shame.

Noah knows what Ham has done, and curses the nation he has created - Canaan - the sins of the fathers going on to the next generation.

Shem and Japheth receive the blessing of Canaan being their servant. 

Hmmm.  Curses of previous generations are haunting until the Power of Jesus Christ and authority over them through Him!

Oh that we would not bow to previous curses.  That, as believers we would rise to use the power in Jesus' Name to cast out curses!

No comments:

Post a Comment